Saturday 17 November 2018

Letter to a soldier by Tom A


Dear Soldier,
I am writing to you to say thank you for fighting for our country. You must have been really brave to fight the Germans and end up surviving it. It must have been hard, especially when there was a chance you could be shot or blown up every second. I wonder what your relatives would have felt knowing there was a chance you were dead or seriously injured. If I were them I would have been worried sick!
Now, these are the questions I would have asked you. What did you eat? What would you do if your eyesight started going bad? Did some of you go deaf from the whistling of the bombs as they came down? How did you feel when you heard the call to start fighting? They are all the questions I would have liked to ask you.
Thank you again for saving our country. I hope you lived and died with glory.
Yours sincerely,
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment