Saturday 10 November 2018

Author Letter - Michael

Dear David Walliams,

I am writing to you because I have been reading your books since I was 7 years old! All of them are exactly the same standard as all of your others! I have been reading Midnight Gang over and over again because I personally think it’s the best out of all of them. You made Gangsta Granny sad at the end since she died in your story. Grandpa’s Great Escape is a good book! I haven’t read all of your book but have read the majority of your books. I have seen all of the films for the books (though they can never compare to your books). I am 10 now so it has been a long 3 years of reading your books and many others.

Now, I have a few questions I need to ask you. Have you written any stories as you were a child? If so, what have you wrote about? Were you or were you not creative as a little boy? I have too many questions to ask you so I might add a little on. What does it feel like to write books? Is it stressful, nerve-racking? If you have wrote famous stories like this, would you make them more exciting in future times so children can experience it in real life?

I love your books because it feels like I am actually there experiencing the events. Just like the midnight gang. I felt like getting up out of bed and going on an adventure but I didn’t because I couldn’t be asked. Maybe you could add a diary in for the main character so we can know more about them because at the moment we don’t get as much personality but we do get some appearance. Adding a diary just like Jeff Kinney did to his Diary of a Wimpy kid books (I think it would be pretty cool!) In an order of 3 books I have read (Midnight Gang, Gangsta Granny and Grandpa’s Great Escape) I would put Midnight Gang in front as I think it’s the best you have done! Grandpa’s Great Escape would go next due to exciting moments. Unfortunately, Gangsta Granny will have to be last even though I still think it’s a pretty cool book so don’t be thinking that it’s bad because really, it’s not.

I hope you enjoy my letter. Please answer the questions and hope you make more exciting books in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment