Saturday 10 November 2018

Book Review by Ellie


Review of L.P. Tom Gates 'EPIC Adventure'

The story is about having two sets of grandparents, turning out to be very good for Tom Gates.
The WRINKLES: mums’ parents, are keen on giving me presents and they're planning a family outing too, which is going to be EPIC. Delia (my sister) wants to come as well. (Why?) I can always ignore her.
What happened was unusual because Tom went to a lady’s hairdresser, to get his hair cut.
The events didn't really follow on from each other because once one event had ended another one started.

Tom Gates, Mum, Dad, the grandparents, Derek, Amy, Marcus, Delia are the main characters because they get mentioned the most.
Tom Gates: In the story was a kind and caring person like most people are, but inside him is something mysterious and cheeky about him too.
Mum and Dad: Well they are embarrassing mostly throughout the story but in some parts, they are curious about what's going on.
The grandparents: Act like they are some sort of spy in someways then just a normal human in other ways.
Derek: Is a good friend for Tom when he needs it. He sticks up for him when Marcus is being annoying.
Amy: Is a sweet girl and caring and kind to everybody.
Marcus: Is jealous of how many friends other people have got, and is an annoying little brat.
Delia: Is just a normal teenage girl who is always in her room.
The character didn't seem to be described at all in the story.

The story is written in the first person throughout the whole book.
The story is that important but it is funny and hilarious in most parts of the story.
The setting wasn't detailed that much as it wasn't focused on the setting it was mostly focused on the characters.
They didn't describe the feeling at all throughout the story.
Yes, it was a very good story because it had detail and it just pulled you into it as soon as you started reading it.
My favourite moment in the story is when Tom goes to the hairdressers he was messing around outside on the way to school with Derek.
I wouldn't change any of the story or characters in the story.
I think he had experienced some of the stuff in the story, so I think that is why he wrote it.
It made me feel happy inside as I was reading it, then sad when I had finished it because it was really good.
I don't feel like I had learnt anything from the story.
I would recommend this book to people who like art because there is a lot of amazing art and because it is funny.
I will definitely read more by this author, this is my second Tom Gates book.


No comments:

Post a Comment