Saturday 17 November 2018

Letter to a soldier by Emerson


Dear John William Hardy,
My name is Emerson and I am a 10-year-old boy who is currently living in Skegness with my mum, dad and my three younger brothers. Today it is Armistice Day in the year 2018; 100 years after the end of the First World War. Today has made me think about all of those soldiers, like yourself, who sacrificed their lives fighting for their country.
I have the upmost respect for you and wanted to write this letter to you to thank you for everything you have done to make the world I live in a better place. You gave up so much for us; your family, your job, your friends and ultimately, your life - something that can never be repaid. You did all this and didn't expect anything back which is very selfless.
I need to thank you for all your hard work and dedication as I know that you would have been expected to do lots of challenging tasks (both physically and mentally) to enable you to prepare for the circumstances of war. I cannot imagine how exhausting it must have been.
I would also like to thank you for your bravery and being strong, both physically and mentally. I realise that I am lucky to live the life that I do because of you. Yes you! You are the good - selfless, hard working, dedicated and much more. Without you and your comrades, I would not be able to live the life that I currently do. Therefore, I am ever in your favour for what you did for me and my country.
Yours Sincerely,
                             Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment