Saturday 10 November 2018

Author letter by Tom A


Dear Scott Cawthorn,

I am writing to you to tell you how good I think your books are. I am a huge fan of your Five Nights at Freddie's franchise and when I found out you had written your first book [The Silver Eyes], I just knew I had to get it and read it. When I did, I found myself immersed in the book and felt I was actually there. When it came to the end of your book, I found it a real cliffhanger and I just knew you would release another book, but I didn't know when. A couple of weeks later I found out about your next book [The Twisted Ones] but couldn't afford it. So I had to wait until Christmas to get it. Again, it was so immersive and emotion triggering and I didn't want to finish it. And now, I'm reading the third book [The Fourth Closet] and I'm about to find out what happens when John and Charlie meet again.
But, all that aside, I have a few questions for you. First of all, what inspired you to create the Five Nights at Freddie's franchise? I never thought a small indie game that had no real purpose, would grow to a massive franchise of books, games and toys. Secondly, what inspired the characters? I just never thought a bear, rabbit, chicken and fox could be so frightening. And thirdly, what inspired William Afton, otherwise known as the purple guy? He has always creeped me out a bit.
I hope you write at least a few more amazing books in this incredible franchise.

Yours sincerely, Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment