Thursday 18 May 2017

Skellig (opening) by Sophie

My life is a misery; I thought I was just having a bad time at school, but no. Mum and dad keep arguing all the time and then shouting at me, it’s unbelievable. I hate getting out of the house and going to school early but I couldn’t stand another second with my parents.

I was trying to walk to school as slowly as possible because I knew the bullies would be waiting for me. Suddenly, I saw Sam (one of the bullies) watching my every step from behind a bush so, I ran as fast as I could, which is not very long through a shortcut I know.

As I was running I could hear Sam and the others all shouting “Get him, get him!” so I ran even faster than I ever had before but all of a sudden I missed my step and thundered head first to the floor. I could hear Sam and his mates walking towards me laughing really hard at me, but that was until I started getting up, when they grabbed me and threw me to the floor. I cried out for help but those shouts made them kick me and punch me even harder until everything suddenly blacked out.

I woke up feeling dizzy and not knowing where I was, it looked like a broken tower from an ancient castle. It reminded me of when my parents were happy together and used to bring me up here. Just then a random thought came to me, maybe I don’t deserve this life I have never done anything bad.

I jumped. Suddenly, instead of going down I grew wings and started flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment