Thursday 18 May 2017

Skellig Diary Entry by Tyler W

Dear Diary,
Today was a mix up of all emotions; it felt like someone had grabbed: fear ,sadness, happiness and my dad’s lame jokes into a blender; blended everything. Then fed it to me as the worst day of my life.

It all started when we began leaving our old flat, flat 984D Crimson House, Gullig Avenue in my town, we had to lug a lot of furniture down all eight flights of stairs so we were very tired. We dragged everything from my mattress to mum's old plant.
My dad said that the move was for the best and that the flat was too small especially now we are having the baby. Of course we couldn’t have a single conversation without dragging that stupid baby in to it. Honestly that boring baby has been in the lime-light for the last five months and it will be in it for the rest of my life. Every inch of that ride to the new house felt like a mile, all I could think of is how much I would miss all my friends and the area I lived in. I knew it would be hard but that really proved it.
When we finally arrived on Falconer Road my dad was all excited. Which kind of passed it on to me and mum but for the way dad was, anyone would have thought he had bought the house Jamie Lavolorala lived in. Me and my mum were ready to see the house of our lives but what we did see, is what we didn’t see coming.
Stood before our eyes was a run-down terrible old structure, Stig of the Dump lived in a nicer dump than it. There was an old rickety fence hanging on by one hinge. Just beyond the fence was an overgrown garden that had longer grass than the Amazon jungle. The house its self was covered in mould and moss. There were windows missing and bricks crumbling and we couldn’t see the rest of the house due to the overgrown leaves, branches, bushes and trees. I said that it looks like the house was about to fall down (and it did look like it was).
When we had climbed through the dirty garden and arrived inside, I started to explore. The whole house was tatty and disgusting. There was a toilet in the lounge and I asked dad and that was an opportunity for him to use one of his jokes. Dad said that the old man couldn’t move and needed a toilet near him (that part is true) but then he had to say that he died on it as well (that part was false and not funny) Mum did say that he died in the kitchen though. I wasn’t sure how to reply to that. I asked if I could have the room next to the bathroom but the baby had to have that room mum said. Stupid thing! After that I came to the rickety room dad said was mine and came to write this.
 My dad needs me to help him with some more furniture now so that’s it for today.
 Bye diary

No comments:

Post a Comment