Thursday 18 May 2017

Skellig (opening) by Cloud


The evening started off with a harmless game of Truth or Dare, or so I thought it was. The dares were mediocre but soon things started to get very dangerous, quickly. 
Why am I playing this game? What am I doing with these people? Were the thoughts that kept popping into my mind, I could be at home playing with my baby sister. I always seem to find trouble I just can’t help it; it’s in my nature. Why did I have to intervene when one very frightened kid was dared (more like forced) to jump off Skellig Cliff? There was a reason it was called ‘Skellig Cliff’ it was because so many people had died by jumping off it, the sea beneath was full of skeletons; some jumped for dares others to commit suicide. I went up to the kid who dared her and started arguing with them. Stupid, stupid me! That was mistake number one. I ended up getting beaten and thrown to the floor that was when I cut my eyebrow. Warm, fresh blood was running down from my nose. My head hurt so much that I felt dizzy. Why did I decide to do the dare for her? I just can’t mind my own business. Mistake number two.
I couldn’t believe I was standing near the edge of Skellig Cliff about to jump into the cold sea beneath me. Just looking down makes me feel sick. If I jump it will probably be the impact that kills me or I will crack open my head on a rock. I wonder which would be a better way to die. Oh no! I can hear them shouting “Jump!”.

No comments:

Post a Comment