Thursday 18 May 2017

Michael's Diary by Dalton

Dear Diary,
Today we moved to a new house down Falconer Street. I wasn’t looking forward to moving but when we turned up; I wanted to go back to our old flat near my school.

When I got inside, I had a look around my dad was so amazed but I wasn’t. When I got upstairs to the attic I was shocked how many cobwebs there were. There was a window missing from the room and there was a dark orange cloth hanging on a railing. When I pulled it down there was a black crow screeching across the attic, so I ran to the edge of the stair hoping it would fly out and then it flew to its nest.
When I was walking downstairs, my dad told me a story about the old man that lived here before us. He told us he died whilst sitting on the toilet and then said it was a joke but then my dad said he died by drinking beer in his kitchen and then he collapsed and it smelt like old socks and rotten fish down the street. 
I said to my mum, “Can I have the room next to the toilet please?” 
My mum said, “No I am using it for the new baby.” 
Dad said “You can have the one upstairs so you can have more privacy” so I went off stamping upstairs and having a tantrum because I didn’t get my room that I wanted. I went and lay on my mattress and relaxed and the dad came up and said, “Can you help move the stuff because I don’t want your mum to move anything,” so I went downstairs and helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment