Sunday 23 September 2018

The Lost Thing Meets the Boy by Roxanne


I saw him coming towards me…. His brown fuzzy hair was blowing in the beach’s cool, morning wind. His stubby legs were slowing down as he stumbled closer to me, still, yet about 5ft away. ‘Will he ignore me?’ I thought, staying as still as a rock. I watched him circle around me over and over again! (He was making me queasy!) He reached down slowly and picked up something. Something small. Something red and small. Something red small and attached to a small string...? I took a closer squint as I realised it was my old bell -that I had lost on this beach about 2 – 3 years ago… The boy rang my bell (how pleased I was to hear it again!) I later realised a sensation in my body. It was an itchy sensation with a hint of rust … At this rate I couldn’t contain myself… I was itching all over the place! Gently, I rose from the ground thinking about how scared the young boy would feel. But this boy was different. He had a puzzled look on his face, between shock and amazement. Could he be my first friend?... After that whole worrying for nothing, we played and got to know each other for hours! (And I mean hours!) We played ball, built sandcastles and played fetch from dusk, till dawn.

I never wanted this day to EVER end!!

No comments:

Post a Comment