Sunday 23 September 2018

The Lost Thing Meets the Boy by Michael


I was sitting on the warm sandy beach when suddenly I saw a young boy. He approached me wearing a white polo shirt and large baggy trousers. He had a weird looking bin or basket on his back, with a crimson red book popping out the top. At first, he didn’t notice me until he found my half-buried bell in the dry sand. He carefully picked up the bell as if he didn’t know if it was fragile or rusty and old. It turned out to be ancient and rotted. He tinkled the bell which didn’t do much as I had already paid attention to him but he didn’t realise. The tinkle was a satisfying sound which made me a little bit happier. I asked myself, ‘Will this be my owner?’ After 2 years of sitting on this beach, lost and scared. Then I got nervous… The boy went around the back of me out of my sight. I then felt someone knock my belly and then shout inside a questioning, “Hello?” There was no answer. He went round the back to see what was there and came all the way back going clockwise. I decided to get up so I popped my legs out and lifted myself, even though I gave the guy a fright. I stood there inspecting him in full person and he looked like he was petrified! I opened my hatch and threw a ball out to see if he would play with me. Luckily he did! We played for ages, accidentally stopping the boy from doing his bottle cap collection. We had so much fun together! He was my friend. He took me to lots of places.


No comments:

Post a Comment