Sunday 25 February 2018

Michael's Mission by Tegan


I lay there in the darkness wondering if it was all a dream about the baby. I lay thinking about what to do next. I sat up with an idea to give the man in the garage some food. I got up, but I started to fall back to sleep so I started to drift back into a nice sleep but all of a sudden I heard ‘WWWAAAHHHH’ the baby had started to cry so I sat up doing nothing I could her Dad snoring like a pig and Mum cooing and hissing to the baby to calm her down. Soon after the baby and mum fell back to sleep, and dad was still snoring like a pig. I got ready to do a mission I knew that had to be done. I wandered to the bathroom to get the aspirin.
I snatched the aspirin from the cupboard in the bathroom. Cautiously, I made my way to the old, oak staircase. I stepped on the first step and a creak bounced through the hallway I heard mum mumble, “Who is that?”
I knew I was in trouble. I whispered back, “It’s me, Michael. I’m going to get a drink.”
 “Okay,” she said and went back to sleep. I got to the bottom of the stairs and a question was racing through my mind. Slowly, I reached for the keys and a torch and I unlocked the door and cold air hit my face as I opened the door.
Regretfully, I stepped into the garden and stared up into the beautiful sky filled with stars. I stepped into the wilderness and I remembered the 27 & 53 still in the bin. I went and got it and stepped back into the wilderness. Brambles and thorns tugging at my bed clothes and tearing holes during the process. I stubbed my toe on a brick and I started jumping up and down in pain; my toe started throbbing. I grabbed the cold char sui off the floor and carried on my journey to the garage.
I arrived trembling with fear in front of the bluebottle infested garage wondering if it was all a dream about the man in the garage, but I opened the door slowly and slowly stepped inside the old dark garage…

No comments:

Post a Comment