Saturday 30 June 2018

7.5 - The best worst adventure by Grace N


“I is going out to town to get yer some more bacon, you coming?”
“Mr. Oakley,” replied Zach, “can me and Will go out in the forest and explore while you are gone?” Willie looked bland.
“Well err… I suppose so, but don’t go getting yerself lost now
“No Mr. Oakley.”
“No Mister Tom,” agreed Willie.
They both went upstairs into Willie’s bedroom.
“I’m going to bring my bike, want me to ask Mrs. Fletcher if you can borrow one of her boys’ old bikes?”
“Uuhh…no thanks, I don’t know how to ride a bike.” Everything went silent for a minute.
“Well then what do you- oh yeah! You said you like drawing right? So, I will be right back with a sketchpad.” Willie stayed still waiting for Zach.

A few minutes later Zach came back with a pencil, rubber, sharpener, sketchpad and a small, blue fluffy pencil case. “Put the thing in this pencil case, then you won’t lose it.” Willie nodded and did what he said.
They go outside and round the back of the house, they see Sammy through Tom’s bedroom window. Zach grabs his bike, which he was hiding in a ditch. Then they start heading for the forest. “This is going to be so fun!” exclaimed Zach.                 “Yea,” replied Willie running after Zach. They eventually got to the forest.
“Hey Will, you should have a go riding, I think you will enjoy it.”
“Oh uhh…well ok then,” said Willie nervously.
Zach wheeled his bike over to Willie’s feet, “Here, have a go.”
Willie sat on the seat, he started peddling, “I’m doing it,” he thought. Suddenly he lost his balance and went tumbling to the ground.
“Will! You ok?!” shouted Zach.
Willie got up quickly, “I’m fine…”

They carried on walking, “I’m sorry I broke your bike…”
“It’s not your fault! I keep telling you that, it is not your fault!!”
“ok.”
“You have a big bruise on your leg, you sure you’re ok?” said Zach feeling very concerned.
“That’s not…” Willie stopped himself. Nobody had really ever cared before…
“alright then let’s keep going.”

They kept on going through the forest, the bike was still where it fell. “Uh oh….”
“What is it?”
“A river, there’s no way to cross it but…swim.”
Willie looked shocked, he took a step back. Zach went in the water first and looked back at Willie, “come on then, let’s go, swimming is fun! It’s not cold.”
Willie got in one foot at a time. “Ewwwww... I think I stepped in mud! Well at least I hope in this situation it is!!”
“Will?” Zach looked behind him. “WILL!” He saw Willie lying face down in the water, lifeless. Zach grabbed his hand and pulled him to the other end of the lake. He started doing compressions and mouth to mouth, finally, Willie woke up, he started coughing. “WILL WHAT DID YOU DO? HOW CAN YOU DROWN IN A METRE DEEP LAKE?!”
“Sorry…” Willie whispered. They started laughing and Zach helped Willie up.

“It’s getting quite late…maybe we should like, find a tree to sleep in?”
“Ok,” said Willie.
Zach pointed to a big tree. “Come on lets go, I’m presuming since you cannot swim, you probably can’t climb trees, so I will give you a boost.”
Willie nodded.
They got to the tree and Zach gave him a boost. Then Zach started climbing, “I am pretty good at climbing, not trying to gloat though.”
“I think Mister Tom will be mad at me for being gone so long.”
“I’ve known Tom Oakley for a while now and I know he will only be worried about you, trust me.”
“ok…”
“Get some sleep Willie, we deserve it.”
They started laughing again, “Goodnight.”
“Night,”
They drifted off.

Suddenly Willie jumped, (which made Zach jump.) “What is it Will?”
“I saw something, it was grey, German soldiers wear grey.”
It could’ve been anything, like a squirrel, or a- “
“A wolf?”
“Wolves do not come here…Plus they hunt in packs.”
“I am goin to try and go back to sleep,” whispered Willie.
“Same,” replied Zach.








                                                                         


No comments:

Post a Comment