Friday 22 December 2017

The home for misunderstood creatures. By Scarlett B


James cautiously rang the red bell on the metal door. A small bird emerged from a tiny opening underneath us. It examined us, tweeting and chirping, then hopped back through it and disappeared into the unknown world behind the door. As soon as it was shut, a huge door swung open to reveal a garden. The golden sun was blinding. Inside were many different creatures. Some big, some small. They were all so different and unique, yet they all had something in common. They were lost, misunderstood once, but they seemed to be found, or at least happy.

I looked up and saw a sign. It read, The Home For Misunderstood Creatures. Was this my home? James smiled at me, reassuring me that it was ok and that I could go. My bells shook, and I waved goodbye. Then I stepped into the garden.

It was like a new world! The creatures were all unusual. There was a chess board with legs; a flying, metal shark; a postbox with eyes, a mouth, legs and arms and many more. One thing that really stood out to me was a huge red, ball-like creature. It had 10 mint green legs sprouting out from various holes. A small, silver fan was spinning round and round. It had 2 sets of bells, on ropes, dangling down from it sides. Two tiny, red eyes were peeping out of a hatch, staring at me. Wait! Is that a ME? I went over and began chatting with it. I found out that she was called Sara. We immediately got along and became best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment