Friday 22 December 2017

A new home by Maya

Today was the day. I had to say goodbye to my friend. The funny thing was I spent all this time with him and I didn't find out his name. So, I decided just to call him Mark. Mark was a lovely chap. He looked after me and he would pay attention to me not like other people.
One morning we were walking down Main Street. I stood around innocently while Mark asked another hundred people if they knew where I came from. I spotted a building. It said home for lost creatures. It was all grey and it didn’t look very welcoming. I rang my bells and Mark turned around and I showed him. He wasn't so keen on sending me there. I agreed. But then Mark held his head high and dragged me in there. The first thing we saw was a receptionist who was constantly on the phone as these weird creatures have been popping up around the town. That was exactly what happened to me. I just lay there on the beach one day. I don't think I was from anywhere. I was just a beach monster. Once the receptionist had realised that we were there waiting for about half an hour she asked us how could she help. I thought she was being silly. It was really obvious. As you don’t open a home for strange creatures for no reason. Mark told her about our situation, but she didn’t look very interested. She handed us a clump of paperwork. Mark asked for a pen, but she said she didn’t have one. How dumb was that. As Mark searched his bag for a pen, one of the caretakers whispered under their breath that this wasn’t the right place for me. Me and Mark left instantly. The caretaker gave us a notice card with the address written on it.
We had arrived. I'm about to say goodbye to my one and only best friend. Once we said our goodbyes we walked inside. The building was sort of like a tunnel. We walked through it and met with a wooden arched door. Mark knocked. We expected the door to swing open but a small hatch opened and then a small flying wind-up mouse following on. A special machine scanned it. The door opened and our eyes glued to the place. The sun glistened in our eyes and the water rippling filed our eyes. The air smelt fresh like it had just rained but no clouds were in sight. What mostly filled the land were creatures all unique, with their own style. The place was covered in colour. It was like another world for strange, lost creatures. Land stretched for miles. Creatures looking so happy, they played freely together. I rang my bells again to tell Mark that I liked it. A tear ran down his face as he wrapped his hands around me. "Goodbye" he whispered. I shook my bells for the last time as I ran off. The doors shut.
"GOODBYE AND THANK YOU!" I shouted.

No comments:

Post a Comment